Friday, November 20, 2009

My Bearded dragon has a gray head?

I've had him for 2 or 3 years and have never seen him shed his skin. Suddenly his head is gray and I have seen some skin in his cage. Is the gray skin the lower layer and will it turn beige again? Or should I be concerned that somethg else is wrong?

My Bearded dragon has a gray head?
2 or 3 years and this is his first time shedding? That's a little long...he should be shedding atleast once a year...even if that. Give him a luke warm bath for 20 minutes once a week. fill the water no futher than his arm pits. That will help him shed and it will aid in his hydration. You can use suitable size rubbermaids or you bath tub for this. Good luck.
Reply:He is probably shedding. When mine sheds, his whole body turns grayish. Spray him with water and give him a bath to help him shed, but don't try to pull the dry skin off of him, it can damage the new scales and hurt him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive