Monday, November 16, 2009

Why has my Bearded Dragon just started biting at 10 wks old?

My 10wk Bearded Dragon has just started trying to bite us, he is also shedding his first skin, could this be why? We handle him every day and he is usually very placid but suddenly this has changed. I know often hormones can make them aggressive at times but I would have thought he is too young for that. When he does lunge at us, should we let him bite us (heard it doesn't hurt) and continue to pick him up or should we leave him and come back later? Have 4 boys under 5 so I want to make sure we are doing the right thing so he isn't aggresive toward the kids later.

Why has my Bearded Dragon just started biting at 10 wks old?
These guys are sensitive and somewhat aggressive when shedding. I know mine is. It's extremely uncomfortable for them to be held during that time. So yes, this could be a reason. Leave him alone, if you can, until he is finished shedding.


Another reason he could be aggressive is he could be injured. Keep a close eye on his eating and pooping habits. And you probably know this, but don't allow your children to handle him without your supervision. He could get injured.
Reply:okay one of two things maybe one of you could be petting the little guy to hard or when you handle you could be sqeezing to hard or he getting berdie puberty join beardeddragon.org it would be the best thing you could ever do for him you ask a question about the beardie it gets answered my username is spikesdad its like an email service so private message me for more info

primrose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive